Thursday, January 29, 2009

Fast Ends / Breakthroughs & Perspectives Class begins

My church’s 21-day fast ended this past Sunday, January 25. It was a growing, strengthening, deepening experience.

I prayed for my church, its leaders, and especially for more children’s ministry workers. I also prayed for strength, wisdom, discipline and diligence as I started the Perspectives class and for support raising to return to Africa as a career missionary.

“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” Matthew 6:33
Getting up earlier, I am keeping up with the 2009 Thru the Bible Reading Guide Global Missions. I started with ‘The Message’ version, but went back to my favorite NIV Life Application version that I find so very enriching. I am back to spending more focused time in prayer in morning via A.C.T.S. (Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, Supplication) rather than when driving to work.

Missionary support raising has been moving slowly. Breakthrough came with the opportunity to attend a Boot Camp for Personal Support Raising (http://thebodybuilders.net/bootcamp/index.html) on Feb. 9-10 in Nashville TN. The Boot Camp is an intense two day training seminar to give us the Right Perspective, new skills, and a workable plan. I am working on the 24+ hours preparation.

The Daniel Fast that includes vegetables, fruits, whole grains, legumes, nuts, and seeds, water, and natural juices laid a foundation for healthy eating. As with Daniel and his friends in the Old Testament, I feel stronger and plan to continue with these things regularly along with poultry and fish. I don’t crave sweets like I used to and get along well without coffee. Green tea is so much healthier.


January 11- May 10, I am attending The Perspectives Study Program (
http://www.perspectives.org/) mostly in Indialantic, FL (Melbourne area). This class is strongly recommended by Global Missions and others, I am enjoying the inspiring guest speakers from various missions backgrounds.

No comments: