Sunday, March 8, 2009

Orlando / Bithlo FL


Church: New Covenant Church of God of Central FL
Pastor: Rev. Charles Baxter
Date: March 8, 2009

For this presentation I was asked to include children of West Africa, so I added additional children's photos from my 2007 trip. I concluded my part with leading the congregation in singing "Let Us Pray for All the Children" (tune: "Jesus Loves the Little Children"). That led to a calling the children to the front and the the singing of "I Am a Promise." Teens stood where they were, congregation lifted our hands toward both groups for a prayer "Blessing of Children". What a beautiful act of worship and affirmation!

I thank God for this church's outreach to community via "Harvest of Hope" food distribution and for annual missions trips by several members to Jamaica.

Pastor Baxter announced that I would be included in their missions giving. PTL! In pic above, I'm giving a Cote d'Ivoire flag to folks as a prayer reminder. (Flags & all stands finally arrived.)

No comments: