Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Yaounde Apartment Preview

Folks are asking about my housing in Cameroon. Furnishings are sometimes changed when empty, but this is what the apartment waiting for me looked like last year. Thanks to a teacher who lived here last school year for photos!

Thank you God! Nice apartment. Electricity and running water most of the time. Looking forward to my new home. 

I confess I am experiencing cultural shock right now - sheer lack of storage (small closet wardrobe, no dresser).  

Scripture is speaking to my heart:  “ … I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.  … I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, …whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do all this through him who gives me strength.Philippians 4:11-13 (NIV) 

This reforming pack-rat has a LOT of work in the next week and half. I recognize I need to live simpler / less books and 'stuff'...that IS in process.




 

My new "HOME SWEET HOME" - lower right apartment

No comments: