Saturday, August 29, 2015

Missionary Speaker for Vacation Bible School Via Skype



Early this summer I was asked to share about my missionary work in Africa with the Vacation Bible School children at Orlando Friends Community Church in August. I was delighted to do so since it was through missionary stories and pictures from Africa when I was a child that God put a burden in my heart for Africa and a call to missions work.

 I had anticipated sharing in person, but with my “bump in the road” putting me in Ohio during August, we communicated via Skype. I emailed VBS director, Robin Kirchhof, a PowerPoint illustrating answers to most of her interview questions with photos of a short special assignment in Cote d’Ivoire and my support of Bible translation in Cameroon. We practiced connections twice. Via Skype, they projected my face on the middle screen and my PowerPoint slides on the two side screens. The children had practiced ahead and sang "This Is the Day the Lord Has Made" with my puppet and I before signing off.Thank you God for technology!

I would be happy to share about my missions work with you, your family, small group, church service or children's group. Call or email me to discuss potential.

No comments: