Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Faithful Friends Nursing Home Ministry


It was my blessing to be the September Drawing Winner of Faithful Friends Nursing Home Ministry whose mission is to encourage and equip Christians who minister to the confined elderly.

As the September Drawing Winner, I received: "Song for Grandmother" Ministering to the Elderly DVD/Book set , the book "Nursing Home Ministry - Where Hidden Treasures Are Found", and Living With Purpose in a Worn Out Body Devotional. Signed up for newsletter, "In the Garden with Jesus and Friends" was included. I am also grateful for a copy of NIV Seniors Devotional Bible, Our Hymn Book for Seniors CD and booklet, and Christian Christmas Carols booklet.

I was asked to share a little about my involvement with nursing home ministry, which is posted @ Kay Watts Nursing Home Ministry. I shared my Guidelines for Nursing Home Outreach, developed from 12 years of taking children to nursing homes. The pic above (approx. 7 years ago) is typical  - children playing balloon volleyball while my sidekick "Grandma Gracie" shakes hands and greets residents, following children lip sync of puppets to Christian songs and hymn sing-along with rhythm instruments.  

I look forward to sharing these resources with others involved in ministry with the confined elderly, plus also use them to fine-tune and enhance my nursing home ministry which is rather limited during this season of my life.
11/18 Update: The resources have been passed on to a lady who feels very much called to follow in the footsteps of her father's visitation ministry, and has begun that journey with plans to include her granddaughter. I pray God's blessings on visitation ministry of Marsha and Melanie.

No comments: