Saturday, April 15, 2017

March 2017



March 23rd was the Elementary School Spring Musical, "That's So Daniel." Above, I congratulate my fifth graders on a job well done. The musical was highly inspirational and included songs, When Does A Kid Stop Being A Kid; Eat, Drink and Be Healthy; We've Got Your Back; Not Gonna Bow; You Are God Alone; Big Cat; Trust and Obey. Sign language and delightful choreography enhanced the songs.









Preparing report cards for my fifth grade Language Arts class necessitated much time and work since I am required to assign each student a grade in Reading Comprehension, Reading Fluency, Creative Writing, Grammar, Spelling, and Handwriting.








I thank God that my Parent - Teacher Conferences went well. Teamwork is essential. I think I mentioned the African quote, "It takes a village to raise a child." to each parent who signed up for an appointment with me and affirmed my desire to support parents. Teamwork is essential.





On March 24th during the "Field and Track Day" I supervised elementary and middle school students for the hula hoop event (had been part of their PE classes) in the gym. I was assisted by two high school students.

Wow! I admired some elementary students especially who seemed to do this activity so effortlessly and for such a long time.  Such agility that I do not possess!




PRESCHOOL and HOMESCHOOL STORIES, Music, and Craft Time on March Thursday mornings incorporated these themes:

 March 2 –  Purple
-  March 9 –  SPRING
 March 16 -  Green
- March 23 - Orange




SPRING: craft - 2 birdies in a nest







SPRING: "show and tell"







PURPLE: Children dramatize teamwork in pulling the enormous turnip

PURPLE: craft - hippo

PURPLE: craft sample

PURPLE: Grandma Gracie high-fives children


GREEN: grasshopper puppet leads rhythm
 instrument parade


GREEN:  "Jump, Jump Went the Little Green Frog"
song that we do weekly




ORANGE: during "show and tell" - "Tiger" gets a high-five



ORANGE: attentive audience during story


























See other posts of March happenings:
- Spring Break Ministry Trip to San Jose, Mindoro
- A Dream Come True - Handing Out OCC Shoeboxes
- 64th Birthday in Philippines

No comments: